The term local marketing is common in the legal marketing community and the power of the 3 Pack on Google cannot be underestimated. For those of you that need clarification, this is the Google local 3 pack.
Here are some stats to support our claims on the power of the 3 pack:
- The 3-Pack ranks in the #1 position in 93% of Google searches, according to a study by seoClarity.
- 46% of all Google searches are looking for local information. (Source: GoGulf)
- 88% of searches for local businesses on a mobile device either call or visit the business within 24 hours. (Source: Nectafy)
- “Near me” or “close by” type searches grew by more than 900% over two years. (Source: Chat Meter)
- 72% of computer or tablet users and 67% of smartphone users want ads that are customized to their city or zip code. (Source: Think with Google)
- 92% of searchers will pick businesses on the first page of local search results. (Source: SEO Expert)
Building Powerful Local Marketing for Your Law Firm
Google local mapping is placed by your firm’s Google My Business listing. Your Google listing for your law firm is actually free and you can set it up by following Google’s link here.
With everything in marketing getting started is the first step but getting your law firm into the top 3 requires some detail and steady work.
The basics are as follows
- Include Keywords in your law firm’s description.
- Keep Business Operating Hours Accurate- Google offers the ability to customize hours for holidays and other special events, and it should always be used to keep your site accurate and users happy.
- Manage & Respond to Customer Reviews-get the review and respond to reviews.
- Photos for Your Google My Business Listing -Logo image, Cover photo, Interior and exterior building images, team photo, and anything else that is cool.
- Video- if you have a video for your law firm get them up there.
Next level of Local Marketing for Lawyers
So how do you get to the top 3 of the local search? It requires a consistent effort and focuses on details. This is an outline of some of the work that needs to be done to be successful in moving local search.
- Basics of the GMB listing are complete and perfect, then optimize it.
- Audit your law firms listing across local and national directories and legal placements, there are 1000s.
- Using the audit fix and/or add all the listing completely to perfectly match your GMB profile.
- Audit your local competitors listing location and place there.
- Actively post to your GMB profile weekly or twice a week.
- Integrate your Google location into your website on every page if possible.
- Create a review platform and procedure. Actively comment and gain new reviews.
- Research and create a FAQ for each practice area and optimize with structured data (schema).
- Too much to list…
The work for top 3 placement takes time and, in some cases, will require pacing to not hurt your efforts. Done correctly local marketing can rank you above the most aggressive firms in your market without trying to outspend them.
If you have questions or would like help with you local marketing please reach out. The Legal Marketing Company has the only local marketing plan focused on lawyers only.